As I was rummaging around the health foods section at my local Kroger, a package of cashew coconut granola caught my attention. Then, seemingly in slow motion as I was placing the package in my cart, I thought to myself, “I can totally make this at home.” So here we are.
This Cashew Coconut Stovetop Granola is one of those breakfasts you can make at the beginning of the week to enjoy the rest of the week. It’s the ultimate lazy-and-completely-natural breakfast food, which I love. ANYONE can make this granola, even if cooking is not your life. It takes all of 10 minutes to make!
This is a super basic granola recipe involving oats, coconut, cashews, cinnamon, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Chia seeds are included in the recipe, but you can use flax seeds instead to provide omega-3’s. And I give you permission to not feel like you have to eat granola with yogurt. I love eating it as I would dry cereal by adding milk and fresh fruit. It’s really good that way!
- 1 cup quick or rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut flakes, unsweetened
- ½ cup unsalted cashews, chopped
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine (i.e. all ingredients except maple syrup and coconut oil).
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add dry ingredients and maple syrup to skillet and cook, stirring regularly, until everything is combined and slightly toasted.
- Spread granola out onto parchment paper and allow to cool and harden before serving or storing in an airtight container.
Looking for more granola recipes? Check out my Holiday Harvest Granola.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Check out my Breakfast Archives.